Hello guys here is a list of the cheapest data plan from MTN, 9Mobile, Glo and Airtel networks for August 2017. Available on this post include the data bundles, prices, activation codes or subscription codes as the case may be. It’s carefully reviewed and summarized so that you can bookmark it and use it as a reference point any time you are confused on best data plan to go for.
Globacom used to be the Grandmasters of data in Nigeria but it seems that honor no longer belongs to them after their recent data reviews that reduced their data allocations. Now the competition is more fierce with MTN, Airtel and the rebranded Etisalat (9Mobile) all offering several data plans for their subscribers.
Meanwhile, all the data plans discussed here works on Android phones, Tablets, iOS devices, Modem, Dongles and even BB10 devices. So continue reading to see the benefits and how to subscribe to any of them. Below are the topics we will discuss on this post;
1. Airtel Nigeria Data Plans
2. Glo Nigeria Data Plans
3. MTN Nigeria Data Plans
4. 9Mobile Data Plan
AIRTEL DATA PLANS AND ACTIVATION CODE
Well, Airtel seems to be controlling the Data Bundle Plan in Nigeria at the moment though Glo is a serious competitor. Airtel recently introduced a new offer called Triple Surf Offer, the offer doubles your data when you subscribe. There is also airtel 6GB for N1500 which you get by dialing *440*161# though its for only eligible SIM cards.
While the Airtel 20GB for 200 is no longer working, You can try out the Airtel 6GB for N500 & 2GB for N200. They are called 2g plans because they only work on 2g network. This means if you enable 3g, your phone won’t browse. To activate airtel 2g plan, dial *482# and follow the on-screen instructions.
Another cheap Airtel data is the Smarttrybe night plan which offers you 500MB for just N25 and 1.5GB for N200 these night plan as the name suggests is only usable at night between the hours of 12am and 5am. Well, apart from the above data options, there are even more regular plans as listed below;
Other Airtel Plans
- N1000 to get 1.5GB – Dial *496# for 30 days.
- N2,500 to get 5GB – Dial *437*1# for 30days. (Android and Tablet)
- N2k to get 3.5GB – Dial *437# for 30days. (Android and Tablet)
- N1500 to get 3GB – Dial *435# for 30days. This is the Cheapest of All. (Blackberry, Android and Tablet)
BB COMPLETE MONTH:-
- N1k to get 3GB – Dial *431# for 30days.
- N3,500 to get 7GB – Dial *438# for 30days.
- N5k to get 12GB – Dial *452# for 30days.
- N8k to get 24GB – Dial *460# for 30days.
GLO DATA PLANS
And this is are the Grand-Masters of Plans. If you are looking for the cheapest plan in this your life currently, please switch and look for Glo sim card. But wait oh, you must be careful of their Slow Network! Grand-masters of Data with Grand-mothers of Slow network.
Glo has a alot of data bundles plan for their customers. Below are their special data plans;
- Plan Name Price (N) Data Volume Validity SMS to 127 USSD Code
- Always Micro 1,000 2GB 30 Days 53 *127*53#
- My Phone 2,000 6GB 30 Days 55 *127*55#
- So Special 2,500 10GB 30 Days 58 *127*58#
- Always Macro 3,000 12GB 30 Days 54 *127*54#
- N4,000 Data Plan 4,000 18GB 30 Days 59 *127*59#
- Always Min 5,000 24GB 30 Days 11 *127*2#
Glo always covers their Customers when it comes to Data Plans.
MTN DATA PLANS
Hate them or like them, MTN is the best Network in Nigeria in terms of coverage and in terms of data bundles, they are not that bad because they also have several data options available for their subscribers. Below are some of the best and cheapest MTN data plans for Android devices according MegaBytes Amount, Validity, activation USSD CODE;
- MTN 30MB N100 Valid for 24Hrs SMS 104 to 131
- MTN 100MB N200 Valid for 24Hrs SMS 113 to 131
- MTN 750MB N500 Valid for 7 Days SMS 103 to I31
- MTN 1.5GB N1000 Valid for 30 Days SMS 106 to 131
- MTN 3.5GB N2,000 Valid for 30 Days SMS 110 to 131
- MTN 10GB N5,000 Valid for 30 Days) SMS 116 to 131
- MTN 22GB N10,000 Valid for 30 days) SMS 117 to 131
You can also try out MTN Night plans of 1GB for N200, 2.5GB for N500 and 5GB for N1000. Where you get; 1gb for 200 Naira (9pm to 6am), 2.5Gb for 500 Naira (9pm to 6am) and then 5Gb for 1000 Naira (9pm to 6am). You can see and activating them by dialing *198# >> tick 2 >> then tick 8.
9MOBILE DATA PLAN
The rebranded Etisalat Nigeria, 9Mobile offers the most expensive data plans when compared to other networks. I don’t know their reason shaa. Here are their data plan, prices and subscription codes;
- N100 to get 10MB – Dial *229*3*1# or text Ml1 to 229 for a Day.
- N500 to get 50MB – Dial *229*3*4# or text Ml2 to 229 for 7days.
- N1,000 to get 1.5GB – Dial *229*2*7# or text AND1 to 229 for 30days.
- N2k to get 3.5GB – Dial *229*2*8# or text AND2 to 229 for 30days.
- N4k to get 3GB – Dial *229*2*4# or text MB4 to 229 for 30days.
- N6,500 to get 5GB – Dial *229*2*3# or text MB5 to 229 for 30days.
- N8k to get 8GB – Dial *229*2*5# to subscribe or text MB6 to 229 for 30days.
That’s all guys, I hope this article is helpful and will guide you when making a decision on the best data plan and network to go for whenever you want to subscribe.
Help us hit the share buttons below to share with your friends on social media and remember to check back for more interesting updates from this blog. Thanks.