This post covers the detailed specifications, features, preview and price of Infinix Hot S3.
The Hot S3 is the first smartphone from the manufacturer to don the trending 18:9 aspect ratio FullView Display in a 5.65-inch screen. Other key specs of the device includes 4,000mAh battery, amazing 20MP front camera, Android 8.0, Snapdragon 435 chip and so on.
Infinix Mobility is making their presence known in the Indian mobile phone market with this device just as Tecno did some months ago with Tecno S1 in India.
Availability & Pricing
Infinix Hot S3 is one of the most affordable smartphones to run Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box as well as FullView display. It is available in two models – 32GB/3GB model priced at Rs 8,999 (N50,000), and 64GB/4GB RAM Model priced at Rs 10,999 (N61,000). This is the price of the two variants in India and Nigeria respectively.
The Hot S3 and Hot S3 Pro will be available at Flipkart starting from February 12. Buyers will be able to choose from two color options Sandstone Black and Brush Gold.
Features of Infinix Hot S3
The device boasts of a dual camera setup with more focuses at the front shooters where there is a massive 20-megapixel selfie camera for capturing better moments. At the back, there is a 13-megapixel rear shooter with autofocus and LED flash. Some features available here for better photoshoot includes but not limited to timelapse and wide-angle selfie. The smartphone also supports beautification mode with the ability to control the exposure and face tone.
The Infinix Hot S3 features a 5.65-inch display with a HD+ resolution of 1440×720 pixels, and support for taller 18:9 aspect ratio. It’s of course, the first device from the brand to sport FullView display.
Processor & Memory
The device is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 chipset clocked at 1.4GHz and Adreno 505 GPU. The smartphone comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage, which can be expanded further via a dedicated SD card slot. Though the Pro model comes with a bigger 64GB ROM and 4GB RAM.
Operating System and Connectivity
Interestingly, Infinix Hot S3 runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with company’s custom UI called XOS Hummingbird on top of it. It’s surprising to see that this phone has all these features and yet comes at a decent price tag. The smartphone runs Oreo even when flagship devices costing five times the price of Infinix Hot S3 are yet to get the update. The smartphone comes with connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and 4G LTE with VoLTE support.
To make the phone more appealing, there is a long lasting 4,000mAh battery, although it doesn’t support fast charging technology.
Full Specifications of Infinix Hot S3
Wireless Network And Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE unspecified frequency bands + VoLTE
- SIM Type: Dual Micro-SIM
- OS: Android 8 Oreo + XOS Hummingbird V3.0
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 5.65 inches, 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometre, Proximity
- Build: Plastic unibody
- Colours: Sandstone Black. Brush Gold.
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 505
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB (Pro)
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB (Pro)
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB
- Rear: 13 megapixels, f/2.0 aperture, auto-focus, dual-LED flash
- Video recording: 1080 @ 30fps
- Front-facing: 20 megapixels, f/2.0 aperture, dual-LED flash
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0, USB-OTG
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable 4000mAh
- Announced: February 6, 2018
- Availability: February 12, 2018
- Smartphone Price: Rs. 8,999 ($143) / Rs. 10,999 ($175)
Ever since Infinix entered the Indian market, they have stepped up their game because the competition in Asia is intense.
These Hot S3 and Hot S3 Pro are good examples of how far they have gone. Releasing nice smartphones that are pocket friendly and the same time offers good features.
What do you think about this device?