Google is the largest internet company with numerous subsidiaries including google search engine, google calendar, google map, Gboard, Android, Blogspot and even Gmail which has now overshadowed Yahoo mail and lots of many other google products online.
Interestingly, with one google account (gmail) you can easily login and access any google service on the web but assuming you decide to edit your google account details and you don’t know where to start and how to go about it, what will you do? Well this post is for you because I will be teaching us How to Edit your Google Account Details. Google account is a user account required to have access to Google product s and services including Google+, Google Hangouts, Blogger, Youtube etc.
If you need/want to create your own Google Account, click here.
How to Edit Details on your Google Account
- Visit your Gmail account from this link on your browser, preferably Chrome Browser
- Locate and click Settings from the top right corner of your account.
- Click the Accounts Accounts tab.
- From the “Send mail as” section displayed, click edit info.
- After editing your informations, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
Please note, that you can only change the name linked to your email address but you can’t change your email address.
I hope this article will be of immence help to you whenever you decide to correct some mistakes or edit the details on your google account.
SOME IMPORTANCE OF GOOGLE ACCOUNT
Below are some of the importance or benefits of having a google account so if you don’t have one, your online activities won’t be complete.
- Without google account you won’t have a gmail account
- You won’t be able to create or signup on Youtube
- You won’t be able to download apps from playstore
- Some top companies only requires gmail now instead of Yahoo mail or any other mailing platform
- You need google account to sign in to your Android phone
- For you to successfuly backup your whatsapp chat history in cloud, you need a gmail account.
- This and many more benefits are what you enjoy by creating just one account.
In fact, it’s assumed that everyone with a smartphone has a gmail account.