Are you looking for alternative to Samsung Galaxy S8 or smartphones that looks like it? Search no more. We have listed 3 Galaxy S8 alternatives you should consider when planning to get a very nice phone. No doubt, the Galaxy S8 is a very impressive phone but it’s for the elites and well to do because of its expensive price tag.
Some phone makers in China had already produced a clone version of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and named it Bluboo S8 at a relatively cheap price. The phone is just a carbon copy of the Galaxy S8 in terms of appearance and design but internal features still has the Samsung phone as the boss.
So, in other words, these Samsung Galaxy S8 alternatives are similar phones but costs lesser. For a very long time Samsung has been the star of the smartphone market. Samsung fascinating design and the hype given it’s smartphone by it’s users and enthusiastic tech bloggers have made samsung phones popular and a bit expensive.
Also samsung smartphones are the most sold smartphone in the world.
Samsung’s design and popularity may have prevented some set of people from considering other devices that may offer same performance at cheaper prices.
The keyword in this article is perfromance.
Alternative smartphones that will be discussed in this article may not be as beautiful as the samsung galaxy s8, but will surely perform like the S8 if not more than.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 FEATURES
Before we jump to the list of alternatives, I will make a quick scan of the core specifications of the samsung galaxy s8.
The samsung galaxy S8 is 5.8 inch in size with a screen resolution of 2960 X 1440 accompanied by a desnsity of 570 PPI and also an aspect ratio of 18:5:9 which makes it’s screen longer instead of wider considering it’s 5.8 inch size.
Samsung galaxy S8 features a combination of metal and glass in it’s build.
Hardware specifications includes;
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 processor.
- Internal Storage: 64 GB with expandable storage up to 256GB for microSD.
- Ram: 4GB ram
- Rear Camera: 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash.
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/1.7, autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
And also the samsung galaxy S8 does feature a headphone jack.
Now that we have done a quick scan of the major specifications of the samsung galaxy s8 we can now begin our list of cheaper alternatives.
Before we begin, the samsung galaxy S8 cost about $800
SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 ALTERNATIVES
1. OnePlus 5
The keyword in manufacture of oneplus smartphones since inception has being BUDGET.
One plus produces smartphones at amazing prices which is low when compared to other flagships and the one plus 5 is no exception.
The one plus 5 features 2017 hardware specifications with a price that is not common with most 2017 flagships.
The oneplus 5 costs $539 with the following hardware specifications.
- Display: 5.5 inch display is an amoled display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080.
- Processor: snapdragon 835 octa-core processor chip.
- Ram: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB with expandable micro SD storage.
- Rear Camera: Dual camera system a 16mp primary camera with an aparture of F/1.7 , Electronic image stabilization.
- The secondary camera on the rear is a 20MP camera F/2.6 and a telephoto lens with 2X zoom.
- Front camera:16mp camera with Sony X 350 built in.
- Battery: 3,300 mah
- One plus 5 also features a headphone jack.
- The one plus 5 is not as beautiful as the samsung galaxy S8 infact there are
criticisms concerning the fact that the one plus 5 is rip off of the IPhone 7.
But considering the hardware on the one plus 5, you are not going to regret saving about $300 on the one plus 5 instead of buying the samsung galaxy s8.
The one plus 5 is a performance beast.
2. Xiaomi Mi6
The xiaomi brand may not be as popular as samsung, but they have being a major contender when it comes to offering the same specifications on smartphones in S series of samsung smartphones with a cheaper price.
The xiaomi Mi5 from last year couldn’t contend very well with samsung galaxy S7 due to durability issues, But xiaomi is back with the Mi6 which is a major contender with the samsung galaxy S8 with a durable build.
Xiaomi Mi6 also features a perimum design, it was built with a combination of cremaics and glass. With this build components the xiaomi Mi6 might appear more fragile than the samsung galaxy s8+ is ,but Durability tests has proven that the xiaomi Mi6 is durable and not as fragile as we think.
Xiaomi Mi6 at $489 offers the following hardware specifications.
- Display:5.1 inch non curved 1080p curved LCD display.
- Processor: snap dragon 835 processor
- Rear Camera: Dual camera lens system with 12MP size to each camera on the rear.
- One of the cameras is a 2X zoom camera while the other features a wide angle camera lens.
- Front camera: 8MP front shooter
- Ram: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB if internal storage
- Battery: 3,350 Mah
- The xiaomi Mi6 has a draw back here, it doesn’t feature a headphone jack.
3. Asus zenephone AR
The Asus zenephone AR is the most expensive in the list, but there is reason behind its price.
The Asus zenephone AR is the most sophisticated on the list.
Asus zenephone AR supports google tango Augmented reality as well as google day dream VR.
Also the Asus zenephone AR was the first smartphone announced with 8GB of ram.
The Asus zenephone AR is a 5.7 inch device, it features a combination of leather covering and metal in its build.
For $648 the Asus zenephone AR offers the following hardware specifications;
- Display: 5.5 inch amoled quad HD display with a resolution of 1440 X 2560.
- Rear Camera: A 23MP Tango camera with sony IMX318 sensor which is choked with motion tracking and depth sensing sensors and also this camera features optical image stabilization and Asus quick Tritech autofocus system.
- Front camera: 8MP
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- Ram: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.0 storage with option of up to 2TB expendable storage for micro SD.
- Battery: 3,300 Mah.
- The Asus zenephone AR features a headphone jack.
- The draw back here in it’s hardware specifications is it’s processor which is the Qualcomm snapdragon 821 processor from 2016 instead of the 2017 snapdragon 835 processor.
There you have guys my list of alternatives to the samsung galaxy s8 smartphone.
This article is not aimed at making the samsung galaxy s8 less special or over hyped, but it was aimed at those who love the samsung galaxy S8 but cannot afford to buy it and require alternatives that match the hardware specifications on the samsung galaxy s8 for a cheaper price.
Continue visiting OriginalSpecs Blog for latest phones, games and tech gists.