Samsung gear is a new technology that makes it possible to capture a full 360˚ view of video or photo with real 4K video capabilities, Samsung Galaxy phones uses the Gear 360 app for this purpose and your videos and images will be crisp, clear, and high-quality, so the content you create and moments you record will be just as vivid forever.
Samsung Gear 360 camera was launched few weeks and the company has made Introduced its companion app known as Gear 360 (New), which is now available on Google Play Store.
Some newly launched Galaxy phones are sure to support this gadget and the complying app. So let’s take a look at the features of this app.
- Connect to and disconnect from Gear 360
- Remote shooting and preview the recording
- View content and save files to a smartphone
- Share the created content to social media services
- Share your best moment using Live Broadcast (only Gear 360 (2017))
- Check Gear 360 status and settings
- Sync Date & Time, GPS data
- Highly compatible with Gear VR
TIPS FOR USING SAMSUNG GEAR 360 GADGET
- Get a tripod that doesn’t have a wide base.
The Gear 360 comes with its own mini tri-pod which is great if you have a flat surface like a table to put it on, but otherwise it is limited. To have full control over the height and and position of the camera you need a proper full height tri-pod.
- Try and keep yourself and any objects away from the lenses to avoid bad stitching.
The Samsung Gear 360 uses two fish eye lenses to capture all 360 degrees of the environment, it then stitches these two images together to create a 360 degree image or video that you can look around. The stitching process isn’t perfect unfortunately and any objects that are close to either of the lenses will likely appear chopped in half.
This distortion can be avoided by keeping any objects, including yourself, at least a few feet away from the camera when filming or taking photo’s
- You can upload 360 photos straight to Google Street View.
The Samsung Gear 360 allows you to link straight to google street view and upload your photo spheres (360 degree photos) straight to google maps. The option of connecting to Google Street View appears in the main menue of the Gear 360 app.
- Use the time-lapse feature
I think a somewhat overlooked feature of the Samsung Gear 360 is its time lapse feature. I think it’s fantastic, you can film a 4k 360 degree time lapse which looks great in the right environment. Just set up your camera, stick it on a tripod and let it film for at least a few minutes.
WHERE TO DOWNLOAD IT
What’s your experience using this gadget?